Installing push bars or panic bars is a valuable addition to any commercial space. A push bar, also known as an emergency exit device, provides occupants of the building with a quick and easy way to exit during an emergency situation. Push bars make it possible for employees, customers, and other visitors to quickly evacuate the building without having to fumble with a key or other locking mechanism.
They can also be used to secure the building against unauthorized entry after hours, helping to ensure the safety of those inside. With proper installation and maintenance, a push bar can provide years of reliable service. In this article, we will discuss the steps for installing push bars in commercial spaces.
First, you will need to determine the type of device that is best suited for your needs. Depending on the size of the building, there are several different types available in various lengths and finishes. Next, decide where to mount the push bar.
This should be done so that any doorways with a push bar can be easily located and accessed by occupants. After deciding the appropriate location, drill holes in both the door frame and jamb to mount the bar.
Once drilling is complete, attach the push bar to the door frame and jamb with screws or other fasteners. Following this step, check that the bar functions properly by pushing it open to verify that it swings freely and locks securely when released. Finally, secure the panic bar in place with a padlock or other locking mechanism to ensure it is not accessed by unauthorized personnel.
By following these steps, you can successfully install push bars in your commercial space for maximum safety and security. With proper installation and maintenance, these devices can provide years of reliable service. Additionally, regular inspections should be done to ensure that the device is functioning properly and that it remains secure.
With the right installation techniques, push bars can make a significant contribution to the overall safety of your commercial space. When used correctly, they provide an easy way for occupants to flee in emergency situations while also keeping unauthorized personnel out of the building during off-hours.
Installing push bars is a relatively straightforward task, but it is important to make sure everything is done correctly for maximum security and safety. Follow these steps as outlined above to ensure that your panic bar provides years of reliable service.
Businesses and other organizations often have a need to restrict access to certain areas, but also need a way for people inside the building to get out in case of an emergency.
High-risk doors that aren’t equipped with push bars can be difficult and time-consuming to open in an emergency. This could lead to injuries or fatalities if someone is trapped inside.
Georgetown Locksmith Pros can help you install a push bar on your high-risk door quickly and easily. Our locksmiths are experts in all types of security systems, and we offer a wide range of services to meet your needs.
Tips for Installing Push Bars on High-Risk Doors
1. When installing push bars on high-risk doors, make sure the door is able to hold the weight of the bar and is properly anchored in place.
2. Check the door’s hinges and hardware to ensure they are in good condition and are not worn out before installing a push bar.
3. Consider using a metal or heavy-duty push bar to provide additional durability and strength.
4. If possible, install the push bar in a location where it will be easily seen by anyone entering or leaving the building.
5. Make sure that the door is properly lit and that there are no obstructions blocking access to the push bar.
6. Make sure to test the push bar after installation to ensure that it is working properly and that it can be easily operated.
7. Consider investing in a backup power source so that the push bar will continue to operate during a power outage or other emergency situation.
8. When possible, provide regular training and education for employees on the proper use of the push bar in an emergency situation.
9. Ensure that maintenance and inspection of the push bar are done regularly to ensure that it remains in good working condition and can be operated safely and effectively.
10. Always make sure to follow all local building codes, safety regulations, and industry standards when installing push bars on high-risk doors.
What security can provide by a push bar?
- Push bars are an important part of security systems. They provide an additional layer of protection by allowing quick and easy access to secure areas, while also providing a physical barrier that prevents unauthorized entry.
- Push bars are usually installed near entrances or exits where they can be triggered by pushing the bar down or up, depending on the model. This allows for quick access in emergencies or when access is needed quickly. Additionally, many push bars are equipped with alarm systems that sound when they are activated, alerting other people in the building to potential intruders.
- Push bars can also be connected to security systems such as CCTV cameras, which allow for more comprehensive monitoring of spaces. This makes it easier for business owners to monitor and secure their premises, providing a greater sense of security for customers and employees alike.
- Push bars can also be used in combination with other security measures such as keypads or card readers, making them an effective countermeasure against unauthorized entry. By using push bars in conjunction with other security systems, business owners can ensure that their premises are well-protected from potential threats.
- Push bars are an effective and cost-efficient way to increase security in any business environment, providing a quick and easy entry solution while also preventing unwanted access. They are an ideal solution for businesses that need to provide secure access quickly and easily, giving customers and employees peace of mind that their safety is taken seriously.
With the right push bar and security system, business owners can ensure that their premises are well-protected, allowing them to focus on running their business with confidence.
What is the difference between a push bar and a panic bar?
A panic bar and a push bar both have the same purpose, which is to provide an easy exit from a building in case of an emergency. The main difference between the two is that a panic bar is designed to be pushed on one side, while a push bar can be pushed on either side.
Panic bars are typically found on doors that require a single action to open, such as an exit door or fire escape. Push bars are typically found on doors with multiple points of entry or where two-way traffic is expected in and out of the doorway.
Panic bars also often feature an alarm system that will sound if the bar is pushed, alerting occupants of a potential emergency. Push bars are typically less expensive and require less maintenance than panic bars.
Ultimately, the decision of which type of bar you choose should depend on your specific needs. Panic bars provide a higher level of security, while push bars are more convenient for two-way traffic. Depending on the door, one of the two may be better suited to meet your needs.
How much does it cost to install a push bar?
The cost of installing a push bar varies depending on the type and size of the push bar you are looking to install. Generally, you can expect to pay anywhere between $200 to over $2,000 for a commercial-grade push bar. The cost also depends on whether it is an interior or exterior door and if any additional accessories such as digital keypads are being added. Installation costs usually range from around $50 to $200, depending on the complexity of the job and the skill of the installer.
If you need help installing a push bar, it is recommended that you hire a professional locksmith for the best results. This will ensure the door is properly secured and the push bar is installed correctly. Overall, the total cost of purchasing and installing a push bar will depend on the specific product you choose and the complexity of your project. With careful consideration, you can find an option that fits within your budget.
Are you in need of secure entry solutions for your high-risk doors?
We know how important it is to keep your business safe. Georgetown Locksmith Pros can provide installation and security tips for push bars on your higher-risk doors, such as ones with alarms or surveillance systems. Our experienced staff has the expertise to install these systems properly so that anyone trying to enter will be detected before they can get through the door.
You’ll feel safer knowing that our services are trusted by many businesses both locally and nationally. With years of experience in installing commercial lock systems, we’re confident that we have a solution that will meet all of your security needs – without sacrificing convenience!